My Morning Jacket - NYE @ MSG

Jan 5, 2009

Unfortunately, I’m not as an eloquent writer as I should be when I try to express what listening to MMJ at just the right times is like. I’ve seen them live a few times, but only in festival settings. I want this band in my backyard doing a 3 hour set like they this past year at Bonnaroo or most recently at Madison Square Garden on New Year Eve.

You can download the entire show, all 36 Songs(!), here.

Check out this clip from right after the midnight celebration. Both are Kool and the Gang covers appropriate to the event, but don’t convey their total awesomeness. Buy their CDs!



Setlist
1. Intro music ("What Are You Doing New Years Eve?")
2. "Move On Up" (Curtis Mayfield)
3. "Evil Urges"
4. "Off The Record"
5. "Gideon"
6. "The Way That He Sings"
7. "Thank You Too"
8. "I'm Amazed"
9. "Golden" (w/ Will Johnson)
10. "Librarian"
11. "You're All I Need" (Marvin Gaye) (w/ Nicole Atkins)
12. "Express Yourself" (Charles Wright)
13. "Wonderful Man"
14. "Lay Low"
15. "Phone Went West"
16. "Look At You"
17. "Dondante"
18. "Smoking from Shootin"
19. "Touch Me Part 2"
20. "Run Thru"
21. "The Wanderer" (Dion)
22. "Dancefloors"
23. "Magheeta"
[New Year's Countdown]
24. "Celebration" (Kool & The Gang)
25. "Get Down On It" (Kool & The Gang)
26. "Wordless Chorus"
27. "Highly Suspicious"
28. "Cobra"
29. "Islands In The Stream" (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers) (w/ Nicole Atkins)
30. "Bring It On Home To Me" (Sam Cooke)
31. "Cold Sweat" (James Brown)
32. "Anytime"
33. "One Big Holiday"
34. "Auld Lang Syne"

Via - Stereogum

0 comments:

Post a Comment